THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT LIFE IN THE U.S.
Okay, so here's a list of things I'm enjoying while I'm in the states:
- A forced air furnace - nice warm even heat, even in the corners
- wall to wall carpet - especially nice in the winter
- less humidity - although the Ohio River Valley can be miserbly humid in the summer, in the winter it's nice and dry, as opposed to Umbria, where it's wet and damp from now til June.
- SALES! Yes, sales are a part of the season, and a part of the recent economic panic, but still, sales in the states are a way of life, and if you want ot pay full price for something you've really got to work at it - or just be unlucky.
- Driving - and in my very own car! Freedom!
- the daily newspaper and the coupons in the paper
- magazines and books, and huge bookstores...all in English!
- Ethnic food - Mexican and Oriental, and of course good ole American hamburgers and fries!
That's just a short list, and I'll add more things - and I'll also publish a list of the things we're missing from Italy!